Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Ethical Dilemma

I'm starting finals week in school so I thought I'd blog about something...well...not AS stressful as other things in my life right now.

What do you do when your pet Beta Fish is suicidal? Yup, you heard right, I think Rupert, my fish, is trying to kill himself. I haven’t actually seen him attempt it, but occasionally I hear a large splash in his bowl and when I look over he’s bobbing around as if he has tried to jump out of the water. He currently isn’t in any really danger; it would be a miracle if he could jump high enough to get out of the bowl. But the whole thing concerns me. It started the other day after I had cleaned and changed the water in his bowl. You’d think he’d be happier, but instead he’s doing this. To be honest, this isn’t the first time he’s tried. Probably around six or seven months ago he was doing the exact same thing. I just don’t know what to do to help him. I’d get him a companion,or boyfriend if I knew he was gay, but he’d probably kill it (it’s his fighting fish instincts and all). And I can't have that on my conscience. I just hope he gets better. I’d welcome any advice on the subject.

P.S. I own and love this T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment